Originally Posted by bluffview
No moose season. No wolf season this year. Deer season isn't what it was in the late 80s and 90s but still better than the early to mid 80s when I started hunting deer. Norway is in the "banana belt" their winters don't seem as bad as the west end and the keewenaw, what I'm familiar with. Overall a nice place to live if you enjoy the outdoors. Little bay de noc is a good walleye fishery.

Just some random thoughts.

Pretty much this.

Family is from the UP, it's the only place I've ever really deer hunted (a little in Wisco but not much).

Little Bay de Noc is an outstanding walleye factory and it, combined with Big bay is better than most for smallmouth too.

If you can get in the fields, goose hunting can be outstanding too.

Deer numbers are down and I doubt with the wolves that they'll be back to where they were when I was a youth. In the 90-2000's there were nights when I'd have as many as 20 to 25 different deer in front of me at any one time. Now 6 is doing pretty good but the deer are still here, just have to work harder.

A UP deer camp is simply like no other. Living in Wisconsin but hunting MI I've seen both and you'd think they'd be the same but they're not. It's not better, just different.

Hunting style is different.

Haven't seen a woodcock in the woods in a long time but I did jump a rooster pheasant last weekend. Grouse numbers are decent at times. Coyotes are plentiful - just that I can't shoot them for some reason as a non-resident which makes no phugging sense.

Me