Big shrug on all counts, partly because a .300 Winchester with really heavy bullets beats all of 'em.

But mostly because Nosler went with 6.5 because it's all the rage among those who want to shoot longer ranges and not get beat up doing it. And bullets from the 26 will drift less in the wind than those from any other 6.5.

The recoil of the 26 (which somebody else asked about) feels a little less to me than any of my 7mm magnums except the SAUM. Computer numbers back that up.

As I noted earlier, I don't regard the 26 Nosler as the greatest cartridge ever invented, but also tend to have a more open mind than the average shooter, in either way. I don't regard any cartridge as magic, and I won't reject it without trying it.

One thing I do know is that I really like the .257 Weatherby Magnum with 115-120 grain bullets at 3300+ fps, so thought the 26 Nosler with higher-BC 140's would be worth a try.

Also as noted earlier, I can't comprehend the almost visceral reaction against some cartridges some people have, especially without ever trying them. But hey, one of the great things about the Campfire is that anybody can go on a rant, for whatever reason.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck