Originally Posted by 243Win
So I guess the lrx bullets are not good for cold weather!! I was just on a whitetail hunt in northern Alberta and on the first day we got to a lake and there was a pack of 5-6 wolves so I try to load a shell into my rifle and the bolt wouldn't close and my first thought was that my handloads were seated to long but I know they were good. So upon inspection and removal of the bolt I found the tip of the lrx missing and some how it ended up on the bolt face and wouldn't allow the bolt to close which allowed the wolve to run away and left me swearing and very pissed off.

So thinking that was a fluke because I've never had a problem with ttsx , the next day as we were riding down the road and there was a coyote on the road and once again I load the gun up this time and didn't make the shot and while removing the cartridge I found another tip missing. After flipping the gun around I found the tip broke off. So needless to say I will no longer be using the lrx line of bullets which sucks because they shot great. My 270 wsm will now be fed 140 ab's which I know will not break off. Oh yeah temps were -27 to -15 Celsius.

I've heard the accubomb tips break off too. What's wrong with the good ol partition? Too much out of date for some of you guys???? Don't give us bs about them (partition) not being accurate enough either, because I won't buy that one... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA