Originally Posted by rl11
I'm with the two guys above, the outdoor edge is a superior design.

I've used the havalon on a ton of critters the last 4-5 years, and while incredibly sharp, they just break way too often. Nothing funner then trying to dig a half broke scalpel blade out of the inside of a carcass.

I've used the outdoor edge on a couple animals this fall, and have been very happy with it's sharpness and durability. There are times I wish for the havalon's shorter profile, but overall I much prefer the outdoor edge.

Skinned two large WT doe this weekend with my new Outdoor Edge. It was still super sharp after all that. When I got home, I popped the blade out, cleaned the knife per instructions, stroked the blade a few times on a hard Arkansas stone and it shaves as good as ever. I don't know when I'll need those extra blades.

I also have a Havalon and there is no comparison. The Havalon is flimsy in comparison and won't hold an edge nearly as well. Sometimes it takes two blade to skin a big hog, that hide being hard on knife edges.

I really like the Edge, not so much the Havalon. Haven't used the Gerber, but it doesn't look nearly as robust as the Edge, maybe better than the Havalon, just not sure.

DF