Originally Posted by GSSP
Besides my 2.5-10x32, which still sits on my Sword Mk15 AR15, I now own the 2.5-10x42 with MOAR reticle. Sooo much nicer. The 20 moa turret is not only quicker to dial but is more audible and tactile when it comes to the clicks. The parallax/illum combination on the left is awesome. Just last month, I was on a spike elk hunt. The elk were going in to and coming out of the trees within a few minutes of legal shooting light. The 2nd Saturday of the season I caught a spike and cow just coming out of the trees. The cloud cover made it even darker with about 10 minutes of legal light left. I ranged him with my Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B's at 1020. I quickly scanned brush a bit closer and ranged one at 1008. My set will give me exact dope to 1008. I simply added 1 click and dialed 23 moa. It took me a few minutes to set up a prone shot which went right over his back. I was flabbergasted to say the least. Just 2 weeks earlier I made first round hits on my private steel range; 435, 558, 616, 732, 857, 1014 and 1390, with the exact same set up. My plates run all the way out to 2000 but for my purposes, the 1014 was sufficient.

I ranged him again and discover he'd moved in 70 yds to 950; 20.75 moa. The spike showed me his near front right quarter. At this point the reticle, thin as it is, was starting to get difficult to see. I simply reached over and clicked on the illum; BAM! I held 1/2 moa for a 3 mph 4 o'clock wind and killed him. Their was 4 minutes of legal light remaining.

Something awfully special is going to have to come along for me to ever consider selling my -42mm NF.

Alan

Let the hating begin....

[Linked Image]

GSSP do those style of scope caps are they available for the full size NXS like the 3.5-15x50 model. Do you like them more than the bikini covers they have always offered.