Hi Everyone,
My name is Bob Roper, I'm a member of Idaho Varmint Hunters. I post on this forum from time to time but mostly lurk. I didn't really know where to post this but it concerns predator and varmint hunting and maybe eventually all hunting. There is a situation happening right now in Idaho. We, the club, have recieved an official letter from the BLM saying that of the first of the year we will have to buy a permit to hold any predator/varmint tournaments. We have never conducted a tournamenmt on any public ground. We don't tell participants where or wher not they can hunt. We only tell them to make sure where ever they hunt it is legal and if on private ground to make sure they have proper permission. There was a meeting held last week in senator Crapo's office in Boise. There were representatives there from the other repesentaves also, along with two representaves from our club and a woman representing the BLM. She didn't know much or couldn't give many answers. Every one there stated they were in opposition to this BLM policy and the senators said the were behind us all the way on this and would do all they could to put a stop to it. Also they are going to introduce legislation to give control of government lands to Idaho, within their borders. If bthe BLM gets this on in Idaho, it will happen in every state where there is BLM lands. And if they get it on for predator/varmint hunting you can bet they eventually include all hunting. This affects every one, no matter which state you live in. Do you want to pay a fee to BLM to come here and hunt nonresident, or any other state. Please contact your state reoresentatives and let them know how you feel about this. Also contact the Idaho repsentative and voice your opposition. And contact your BLM office, let's flood them with letter's. phone calls, e-mails. This is a long thread but we need everyones help on this matter. Thanks for reading.

Bob

s