'303,

The "particulars" of your "rigors" was even fhuqking funnier than I factored and I was weighing the humor quotient HEAVILY! It is a right proper Dichotomy that your year's worth of "use",is what we call a morning's jaunt in these parts. Perspective of course being everything and one of many reasons,why you couldn't critique ANYTHING. Hint.

You are always going to do better,by shutting the fhuqk up,taking notes and applying same. If only due the fact that someone who "does" as "much" as you,is certainly in no position to be answering questions...as you NEED to be asking them.

Thank me later.

Hint.

Laughing!

And if only to cheer you up,I've managed a touch better than 4000rds of centerfire this pass alone and just how many decades is that,for you?!? Do tell. PLEASE do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Hint.

Re-laughing!

Wow +P+...............

'bore,

I've failed 'em in numerous ways and always aboard modest recoiling Dirty Duty Rifles,that see copious time afield and obnoxious round counts. Have puked more than a few fasteners too,but when citing an LW failure,I'm talking something structural puked in regards to the ring proper.

I smoked al least (2) sets of LW's on my Ti 7-08 and maybe 3...but cain't recall for certain,so will attribute only a brace.

[Linked Image]

Though in fairness,there ain't too much schit I don't break. But in fairness,I can't know anyone who schleps a rifle as often as I,let alone shoots as much...so I've got "unfair" advantages in puking schit.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hard Use do schit to thangs.

10/22's are great at eating both mounting systems and glass and I'd NEVER try to make an LW "work" there,as it ain't in the cards...and I've better than a dozen a 10/22's.

AMT came close to getting it right,with their integral dovetail,but they need D&T'd for security. Conjoined with a 25MOA 1913 rail and you make nice gains,that will stay put. 75MOA would of course be warmer and fuzzier...but it is,what it is.

A Bob rail overshoots the integral dovetail and a coupla holes keep all from walking..........

[Linked Image]

'Bob,

Seen it multiple times...but we don't get the temp swings.(grin)..............

HG,

Had (2) pards fail 'em this year on Critters(Dall Sheep and Caribou),both having to resort to using a back-up rifle that their partners were schlepping(nice when everyone is gunning GOOD schit).

I think the boys know their way around rifles,more than a smidge. Laughing!

DD's are coming back in force,simply due the LW Puke Rate as NOONE has ever puked a DD. Dump an extended front on it,to maximize ring spacing and glass lasts better too. Give a thunk to eccentrics mechanically centering windage,shim as one pleases to bolster erector travel and "luck" starts to happen in non-lineal fashion by literal default. 50+ MOA of erector travel on the otherside of a 162's 250yd zero at 2850fps launch,will cover some real estate and nip atmospheric conditions. Hint.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/841/jdkd.jpg[/img]

Hint.

But I'm talking folks who actually shoot and knock the new offa schit and go through alotta barrels.

Re-hint.

Things like Marty's 20MOA double-lugged/clipslotted 1913 rail are purty warm and purty fuzzy,in their ability to not budge and fend abuse.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/196/jql4.jpg[/img]

Ring spacing,ring spacing and ring spacing are the biggest cookies you can toss a scope's longevity/reliability.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/lOIGsa.jpg[/img]

Just saying.

Good talk.

Laughing!................

'oz,

Steel mounts,don't break like alloy mounts.

Unless you are talking chickenschit fhuqking CZ JUNK.(grin)

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/855/fb2k.jpg[/img]

To the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere,spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial and will reliably reveal more than a smidge.

Hint.

Hell...it's easy for me to say,if only because I got it all and LW's are light years away from being the pinnacle of rugged reliability.

Would LOVE to see 'em in S/S and wearing an extended front option,for max ring spacing...................

(Addendum):

Joe Average is CLUELESS as you attest. I do not know a single soul who schleps the Weavers you cite,though I've more than a few kicking around and they are utter dog schit.

Hint.................