And Jim...I know Im not telling you anything, but the ONLY critters we found in our research ( WE being my certifying organization) that have better olfactory capabilities than dogs are.....wait for it....bears. grin
Wish we could train them to do this stuff....

Always wished I could train a coyote to detect dope too....but they are a different kettle of fish in the canine world...

And on the other topic, yes the scent covers and scent loks etc are a friggin joke, we tested them with dope dogs. Dogs went through them literally like they weren't there.

There was a discussion about the Ozonics here in the 'fire a few months back. I poo pooled it and another member pointed out that studies had been done on it, its not entirely a joke. I looked up what stuff is available and if you dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s just right, you CAN get past a dog with it. Enough of a threat that the FBI, DHS, and TSA have all conducted research with it and explosives...the results of which are not made public for obvious reasons. I could tell you what little I found out too but it is significant enough that Im not airing it on the net.

Interesting times we live in.

Last edited by ingwe; 11/17/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe