A civil war is not the answer. It is simplistic, unrealistic, and would be tragic for the revolters and they would be squashed. When it comes time to pick up arms which by the way would be pitchforks against those that would come against them, you would find a very, very small number willing to do so.

Even during the Revolutionary War, only about thirty percent of those who were able bodied were motivated enough to fight. The rest were either Great Britain sympathizers or were going to wait to see with whom to cast their lot.

I don't know if it was in this thread or another but Somewhere I mentioned the Cycle of Nations which is derived from a study of the great nations of the past and their evolution and subsequently de-evolution. We are there.

The reason we are there is as Digital Dan remarked, "our symptoms have causes that go to the bedrock of a society, to the heart of man" (Paraphrase mine). We once lived generally by Judea-Christian values which we have arrogantly flushed from every public venue of life.

Thus, IMO, God has taken His hand off.