I use the Bell & Carlson you mentioned, M4 Medalist with aluminum chassis for a varmint rifle. It's a swap barrel rifle using Pac-Nor barrels chambered for 22-250, 22-250 Ackley and .308 Winchester. A .204 Ruger or .223 Remington conversion is next up - yes I'll need a custom PT&G bolt.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-553/bell-carlson-medalist-tactical/Detail

The action was purchased separately from Brownell's. Greg Tannel installed a .250" thick precision double pinned recoil lug made for stocks with aluminum chassis so the inlet didn't have to be modified.

The chassis was skimmed bedded for a perfect fit.

I only use Jewel Triggers on the 700's, and Timney triggers on others along with some JARD triggers.

Here's the 700 in .308 Winchester kit:

[Linked Image]

That stock accepts all the barrels, they are swapped in and the barreled action screwed down into the stock. I can use the detachable magazine bottom metal as shown, or swap in the OEM Remington internal box magazine, follower and hinged floorplate. It does shoot as well with any of the barrels or cartridges. The group below is ten shots at 100 yards with an early developmental load, 8 shots through the upper cluster and two blow-its by old lead finger.

[Linked Image]

Good luck with that new stock.