I've taken 3 whitetail bucks with my E.R.Shaw MK VII in 338 federal. Three bucks and three different loads. On the first buck I used the factory fusion ammo. The deer was a nice seven point buck standing at about 90 yards. The bullet entered the base of the neck and exited the off side ribs. The deer actually ran after the shot but didn't make it far. The second deer was also a seven point. This time I uses a 200 gr hornady interlock, 47 gr of 8208, CCI #200. The bullet was set .01 from the lands and went 2665 fps. The deer stood broadside at 13 steps! The bullet entered mid chest and exited low and just behind the offside front leg. It turned out to be a heart shot. The deer ran about 30 yards and fell over dead. The blood trail was unreal. The third buck I took just a few days ago. The load was 185 gr TTSX, 48 gr 8208, CCI #200. The bullet was ser .03 from the lands and went 2770 fps. The six point buck stood facing my at about 30 yards. The bullet entered the base of the neck and traveled almost the entire length of the deer. He dropped like a rock where he stood. I recovered the bullet in the bottom round while butchering him up. Here's a few photos of the bullet. It looks like it worked as advertised.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by obie458; 11/21/14.