Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Jcubed
1. Don't assume

2. I see you are you now talking about the F-35

3. Glad to see you have come back to earth after the "dumbassitude" comment.

4. In any economic discussion regarding our country, Constitutionally speaking, our military should receive the very best.

What is the very best, 1500 Tigers or 50,000 Shermans?

Neither.

The correct answer is the T-34.

How about a gazillion drones flown by 6th graders who will work for a free supply of Mountain Dew. That is the future.

That is exactly what the future holds. Well maybe not the part about 6th graders, but much of today's youth is trained from the time they hold a controller for such a conflict.

Take the pilot out of the plane and we can go from pulling 9 to 16 or 20 G's sustained. The Air force is now examining how to build flying drone carriers.

Imagine this: In the future, when we have a real president, some third world stink hole pisses us off. Within hours, maybe one, maybe a handful, (depending on how pissed off we are) modified C-5's skirt their coast, releasing their payload, 24 stealth drones, each with a 1500 pound load out. Supporting Command and control aircraft could coordinate near simultaneous across said stink hole. After each gamer, errr I mean pilot empties his ordinance bay, he sends it back to the drone carrier via auto-pilot, or sets it to a reconnaissance mode to identify additional targets of opportunity. he then and picks up control of a second platform and continues his attach right where he left off.

Stink holes chastised: 1
American lives at risk: 0

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell