Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Here is a question for those that carry powder in plastic tubes other than what is sold commercially for that specific purpose.

When Muzzle Loaders started to get popular back in the mid -70's , it was advised not to carry black powder in plastic tubes because static electricity could set it off. I don't know if this would be true with substitutes like Pyrodex or 777, but I suspect it would also apply to those if this is accurate.

What is the general consensus of those that carry powder like this? Is it a worry, wive's tale or?

The vials I've got have zero static electricity issues so no worries. OTOH, my TC clear plastic powder measure gets static cling when you adjust it. I have to keep a fabric softener sheet in my ML possibles tool box to get rid of the static cling with the measure.

They're two different types of plastic.

Fabric soften sheets. Great Idea. I thought the jugs that BP came in had some type of anti static treatment in them.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles