Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by jorgeI
They have been doing that for years. IT costs them a fraction of what it costs us to extract oil, so all the have to do is turn off the faucet and watch the prices go up.

Now that we are exploiting a large oil resource of our own and we currently have a glut of oil I say let them cut. I thought that was why we started exploiting the Bakken reserve so we did not have to be dependent on Middle east oil. We have achieved independence so I say let them eat their oil. If the Keystone pipeline were to ever get started, it would drive another nail into their oil coffin.

Maybe that is why Mr. O and the demonrats don't want Keystone, they want us to be dependent on moslum oil? The Saudis like China and Russia pretend to be our friends but in reality, they want to enslave us and take or money. Our liberal leadership is helping them accomplish just that.

I think it's easy to see how our economy reacts favorably when we have cheap energy. When we look out for ourselves and depend less on outside help, we tend to thrive.

kwg

problem is, and this is a 10 year old figure, oil has to stay above $60 a barrel for there to be drilling in the Bakken, its phuggin expensive to punch a hole and even with modern siesmographing techniques only about 1 in 3 holes produce enough to more than pay for themselves in a reasonable period of time....

contrary to what some seem to think, the Bakken is not a new deposit, this is its third oil boom, it closes down every time oil gets cheap

Last edited by rattler; 11/28/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books