Originally Posted by rockinbbar
OPEC was created for that very purpose.

Like it or not, oil is on the worldwide market.

Yes, the drilling in the Bakken, Eagle Ford and Wolf Camp have eased the oil market somewhat, but those fields are just now getting into decent production. And with OPEC dropping the price by glutting the market, it is fast becoming unprofitable for American oil producers to drill and frack.

Prices will adjust.

It's Pavlov's salivating dogs, Psychology 101 the conditioned response. We Americans are the driving force of oil. We are the top consumers. When we change our habits the whole world changes as well to respond to the USA's energy needs. Sometimes it's good for us but most of the time it's great for them.

Right now we are oil independent and the rest of the world is adjusting to America's new energy independence. Right now we are driving the bus and we are giving the rest of the world's oil producing countries fits. When we are using more energy than we produce the rest of the world treats us like diseased lepers and makes us pay their prices for the "medicine" that makes us well. America is forced to beg for every oil scrap they offer us. Kicking us in our balls every chance they get and loving it.

But, the longer we drive the oil and energy producing bus the more we get to control our own destiny. Liberals hate that. They want us kowtowing to what ever country fits their current liberal agenda. When the Bakkens oil dries up we will be on our knees again if we do not develop another source of energy. I suggest Nuclear energy in addition to coal, solar and wind along with new oil fields in Alaska and off the California coast as a good start.

The bottom line is some people in our own country want to see us begging for their own selfish political reasons. The leadership of oil producing countries want to see us begging so we can make small groups of dictators and ultra elite families rich. The projection of power and independence offends some on the liberal left. It appears they will sacrifice us in a New York minute if it fits their political agenda.

We need to think about controlling them; the ones that want to enslave us, with nothing more than common sense energy development. Doing what it takes to be energy independent keeps them in check. I have no sympathy for those who want to control us, either foreign or domestic. In my opinion, we should all think that way.

OPEC for a start needs to be following our lead and not the other way around. It's time we drug them around by their noses for a while. Right now we are forcing them to fight among themselves trying to develop an energy strategy that puts us back on their oil tit. I don't know about you, but that makes me smile. Maybe just a little. grin

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.