Originally Posted by 458Win
We are well acquainted with the troopers, helicopter pilot and NPS employees who investigated and cleaned up the remains and eventually shot the bear (s). A second bear showed up shortly after the initial boar was killed, probably attracted by the smell of meat, and the rangers killed it as well.
The NPS employee who shot the bear with the 40 cal handgun now carries a .50 S&W in his airplane.
We also keep the Treadwell movie "Grizzly Man" in camp as his footage was well done. But he was a suicidal egomaniac. We also have a copy of the spoof " Grizzly Bear Man" and it is spot on.

Well FWIW,,,, Here is my Timmy Treadwell Story;
As my memory serves, the date was Sept. 2003, I was doing some Generator over-hauls for Katmai Lodge, up the Branch River, [or Alagnak, if you will] I was in Town, [King-Salmon] waiting for some Parts to come in on Penn-Air. So i was killing some time across the street @ Eddy's Fireplace Inn, ordered a Pizza and a Beer, just minding my own business, and this guy bellyed-up to the bar next me and sat down, started showing me some post card type photos of these Bears, he had names for them, from these two Scrap-Book Photo type albums, at this point, i didn't know anything about Timmy Treadwell, never heard of him before that afternoon. So, he asked if i was interested in buying any of his photos, i wasn't, my Pizza showed-up, i offered him a slice, we started talking alittle bit, he said he was waiting for his girl friend to fly in, the same flight that had my parts on it, well,,,, during our conversation, i told him, IMHO, you are playing a dangerous game of Russian-Roulette with those Bears, It's not a matter of -{If}-, it's just -{WHEN}-, and now we all know -{WHEN}- caught-up with him.
That's my Story, and I'm Sticking to it. cool

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-