Utahlefty,

first, a big thank you for the excellent Friday threads and photos. I enjoy them immensely and have learned a lot. Your post above answered one of my questions about how much they eat and what you do with their kills. I do have another question...

A week or so back your thread mentioned the paper your daughter was doing on the learning curve of raptors vis-�-vis their mortality rates. You also mentioned how often they had to eat in order to survive. I never would've guessed that.

Anyway, I mentioned your threads to my buddy including the fact that you hunt with Harris Hawks and how they 'team up'. He brought up a good question...in nature how do the HH divvy up the kills? Does the 'killer' eat the entire animal if it is a small one or is everything shared? Does the familial relationship make a difference in food distribution at all? Also, do the 'take turns' with the actual killing or is it more targets of opportunity?

Thanks for sharing your expertise and hobby with us.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...