Originally Posted by jimy
It is kind of funny how many are so quick to point out your short comings, mostly from those to scared to try.

Keep your chin up and your debt low, you will do fine.
You're right about the patents, the Chinese don't honor them, and few are worth the money it takes to defend them, unless you
come up with a cheap anti gravity belt, don't waste your time or some one else's money.

You have some great ideas, but you need to build jigs, fixtures and simple robotic welders to increase your productivity.
And I would think long and hard about a "money man" per say, if you do your job well enough, you will have plenty of folks show up,that will want a piece of your pie.
And last of all, remember the "value" or free advise.
Good luck in all you do.

scared to try? not hardly...i dont doubt he has good ideas, but he is asking for money with nothing to base it on....and i say this having helped successfully run two businesses and having had to sit down repeatedly with banks looking for money for equipment....the whole "doesnt believe in patents" tells me most of what i need to know that even if i had the money to invest with him my rate of return is going to be slim to none.

as someone pointed out he would be far better off scrapping his idea for being in business for himself and find a company to be an idea man for that will shell out the cash to go after patents on his ideas....not a damn thing wrong with that course of travel and a hell of alot of money can be made that way.....

but based on his posts on this thread he is not someone whos company just about anyone is going to invest in.....without patents in this day and age its a money loosing proposition cause the idea is not yours, anyone that wants to can make the EXACT SAME THING and you have no recourse.....he is also asking for investors in an idea of a company that is in his head which, he really should not have expected any other reaction, the fact he didnt is another red flag.....he is like any number of inventors ive come across, great ideas are one thing, investable ones are another....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books