Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
So the "35AMN" serial # would indicate a 2009 DOM. I'd say it's probably a good one. In 2008 FN wanted to win us over with their new model 70 and they put out a great product. Quality started to go in the chitter later on and that's why they are now manufactured in Portugal.

Wrong buddy just the stocks made in Portugal all other parts made in South Carolina and assembled in Portugal...

Who's wrong here? They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Why does it say "made in Portugal" on the box now??????
[Linked Image]

I'd be all over that 2009 EW for $800.00. Hard to beat that deal on a great rifle. The OP was right in buying it. Good luck to any of you bastids buying the new and improved Portugal pos win model 70..

Great work detective BSA. As was stated the transition has been complete I talked a good friend few months back and he told me this was happening all tooling was being shipped to Portugal. Initially stuff was being sent over to be fitted for stocks, while tooling was enroute. On a side note for you guys baco fought this said it was bad but you all know what FN thought. Oh how does my bud know this his best friend was high up in the browning food chain. Also the plant in South Carolina was built to build small arms for the us government not build model 70's.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.