Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
I have recovered two 35 cal Accubonds from game fired from a 35 Whelen.

225 gr Accubond

From a moose at under 50 yards so around 2675-2700 fps impact velocity, bullet travelled through the meaty part of the shoulders just grazing some heavy bone and a was found in the hide on the far side.

191 gr (84.9%) .710" diameter

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

200 gr Accubond

From a black bear this spring and again around 50 yards, hit bones in both shoulders and found in the hide on the far side

138 gr (69%) .660" diameter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm a big fan of the 35 and 375 cal Accubonds that I have used don't have the 375 anymore but the 260 gr AB worked great too.

Not much holding that tip in there. Is there??

It is solidly in place even though it has been sectioned. I know there have been occasional problems in the past with tips coming out from several manufacturers but it has to be rare, I know I have never seen it.

I forgot to mention the impact velocity of the 200 gr AB on the bear this spring would have been around 2775 fps. This bullet it built noticeably lighter than the 225 gr version but obviously still is a stout bullet. I'm hoping to be putting one into a cow elk sometime after Christmas hopefully seconds after my wife shoots her first elk and big game animal with a 140 gr Partition from her 6.5x55 smile

Gerry.