Oh, Mom's OK, but two hospitalizations knocked the stuffing out of her. They put her on Hospice, so she'd get more care, and the problems have abated. She was at our place for Thanksgiving.

However, it was a time consuming problem. At first, I thought I just wasn't getting the molds hot enough, but cranking my Lee pot to the max would still give me gnarly boolits. The pewter fixed all that, and it dramatically changed the melting temperature. I can cast now at 5 or 6 on my Lee pot instead of 8 or 9 for pure lead. In fact, I had to experiment, because the sprue was taking much longer to solidify.

Question for y'all: the one thing that I see is that when I cut the sprue, some bullets have sharp edges and some are a little rounded right at the base. Most often, it will be one bullet has 100% fill and the base is flush and the other bullet in the 2-bullet mold has a slight margin. It seems to be nothing as the gas check covers it up. However, what is this, and is it significant and is there a way to control it? Or am I just being an anal newbie?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer