Thanks is not sufficient, so in the spirit of possibilities, if you ever find yourself headed down this way, let me know! Drinks are on me! And more.

The actual bullet I developed that OAL from is the NOE 180 FN seated ~.300" deep w/ a custom chamber cut. It measures 1.085" long. SAAMI spec on the case length for the .30 Carbine is 1.29" and you are correct, I miscalculated on that. The 2.07" COAL is a good reference.

Thanks again, and your note of caution is not lost on me. Just a ballpark guess at present, but the initial loads will probably start at about 70% of what is indicated as Max on your tables. The objective is 'quiet', not thunder.

Started looking at increasing OAL when I saw the load density projections and looked at a bullet/case combo at the 1.68" COAL. Trying to imagine what it would take to stuff 12-13 grains of Li'l Gun in the remaining space made me twitch a little. Powders of choice will likely be Bullseye, Red Dot and maybe Clays.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain