About 12 years ago I had Melvin build me a model 24 in .338-06. I used it on about five or six Colorado hunts taking Mule Deer and Elk.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A couple of years ago. I realized that I was not interested in Western Hunting anymore and that the .338 caliber really isn't needed for Kentucky whitetails. At the same time my daughter Emma was becoming quite the white tail hunter. I decided to have the rifle rebarreled in a more suitable Kentucky caliber for her yet suitable for Kentucky elk hunting. Since the silly regulations here require a minimum of .270 for elk we chose to have the rifle rebarreled to that fine old round.

Emma went with me to Melvin's last April and she chose a lighter featherweight barrel and requested the same forest green with the spiderweb stock. Not sure why the stock looks blue in this photo, but it is forest green.

[Linked Image]

The little rifle weighs an ounce over six pounds empty and as Emma says, "It shoots pretty well."

[Linked Image]

For those interested the load is the 150 gr. Hornady interlock and 41 grains of IMR 4064 which is Speer's starting charge. Perfect for Kentucky Whitetails inside 200 yards!