Great shotgun. I gave my dad my beretta 390 and bought the SX3 when it first came out (mine is a 3" gun). I've had it about 4-5 seasons now and the only issue I ever had was a broken spring inside the piston. The gun never malfunctioned and did not show any signs of a problem. I found the broken spring when I was cleaning it at the end of the season here. Who knows how many rounds it had through it from the time it broke to the time I found it. Anyway, I called winchester who said it was a known issue with some of the early Sx3 and Browning silver guns. They sent me out a new piston, never asking me to send the old one back to them. No other issues at all since the piston change. The gun will run with any shells without hiccup. I will say one thing though , if you get one with the dura touch stock, do not use kroil to clean the gun or be very careful not to get it on the stock. I got some on mine and the places where it was became pretty sticky. Didn't change the appearance of the stock or take the soft coating off, just made it sticky, which I can live with. Good luck if you get one.

Craig