Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Comparing an 80 year-old design that's been out of production for 50 years to a modern rifle with the idea of declaring a "winner"....

To quote a line from " The Argument Clinic"' "what a stupid concept!"

The question is, did he dream this up himself, or was it assigned by his numbnuts editor or the ad boys?

These magazines have completely lost relevance just crazy content that no one wants to read.

This.

I have seen bull barrel varmint rifles tested at 50 yards for accuracy. If a "gun writer" can't find a 100 yard range to shoot at he should not be a Gun writer.

I even seen a article recently written about a certain cartridge (I can't remember which one. It was that good). In the article several pics were posted of dead animals shot with different cartridges. The author stated that since the cartridge being written about was similar to the cartridges that killed all the animals, the cartridge being written about was just as good. I guess if you don't have any dead pics with certain cartridge it's just as good as others that you do have dead animal pics with....lol

I guess the only way to Change it is lots and lots of cancelled subscriptions.

Dink