Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by safariman
Having had a couple of original model 71's and a few Barnes 250gr bullets to go with in the past, I can tell you that one CAN make 'em go 2500fps, but with that steel buttplate, you don't really want to do that, nor does one really need to. Doing so sounds sorta like BOOM..... OUCH! BOOM..... CRAP! BOOM.....Chit! Boom... WHY am I DOING this to myself! grin

Congratulations on a very fine rifle there, for sure.

Gunner's large enough that said loads would danged near bounce off him if he were on the RECEIVING end. Given the cannons he shoots otherwise, I doubt he'd fret much about the recoil of a .348.

This!

I'm a good 100# less than Gunner and load for and shoot a buddy's M71. It's a pussy cat even with that steel butt plate. laugh Can't wait for the hog hunt!

WN

If I get my kidney transplant in time enough to be healed up, I might just meet up with you there. But not until 2016. 2015 is out of the question as I should be, with any luck, just getting ready for the big switcheroo. If a hog hunt is held in '16, I will probably bring my 416R again and if I still have it my model 7600 35 Whelen, just for kicks.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500