I appreciate the responses and experience. I hunt large blocks of public land in the Ozark mountains which is steep, rocky and brushy country that is heavily timbered. The better bucks tend to hang out away from the crowds and in the deepest hollers. Hunting well away from roads we never have competition from other hunters and can get pretty secluded quiet areas to ourselves. Primarily this pack would be used for getting deboned and/or quartered whitetails out of these deep hollers and back to the truck. Distances can easily be a couple miles, usually around half that though. Prior to Telecheck we field dressed our deer and then dragged or when possible used a game cart to get them to the truck. Then later at home you have the carcass to handle and dispose of after the processing chores and that is very inconvenient.

Now with Telecheck we can check our deer and handle them in the best way. The last couple of years I have been doing the gutless debone and quarter method. It is light years better than dragging a buck uphill for long distances through the timber, downed trees, rocks and brush. Much easier to final process the meat at home also and very little cull to have to put in the trash. Better in early bow season when it is warm too. I never have cell service where I hunt so after a kill I have to go back to the truck, might have to hump a climbing tree stand back there anyway, then drive to a high spot or closer to a town where I can get cell service. After the telechecking process I then return to the kill with the gear for processing the deer in the meat hauling pack, do my thing and then ruck up and pack out to the truck. I keep a large cooler iced down at the truck and the meat bags go in the cold cooler.

My current pack is a no name inexpensive internal frame that has given up on me. So I need a replacement and probably need to use these Cabela's cards for the purchase. Between myself, my son and wife through bow hunting along with rifle and muzzleloader we kill as many as six to ten deer per year so I will put this pack to work. Again, help from the more experienced is surely appreciated.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.