Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by jds44

Anyone who can't transition from binos to rifle AFTER a decision has been made to shoot in a matter of seconds needs to spend more time on the range, off the bench from field positions, learning to run their rifle and less typing on the internet.

Yes ! I have and keep with me a pair of compact binos. Doesn't mean I've had time to use them BEFORE shooting!!
Originally Posted by jwall
msq. richdhunter, jwp, rost. etc.
Some things just have to be experienced to be understood.
Words, descriptions, & paragraphs can't make reality, a reality to others!
THANKS
Jerry

REDUX !!
jds44>>this is for YOU!

I'm 65 yo, and you have a way to go to catch up with me using firearms.

I need to find SLOW bucks. <G>

Thanks again JWP.

jwall I agree with you.
For someone to say that you are an unsafe hunter based on using your scope to determine legality has serious reading and comprehension skills.

IF a Hunter KNOWS for sure it is a deer then no harm nor foul has been done to determine whether it has enough points to be legal or not.

IF a hunter was pointing a rifle at something to determine WHAT it is that would be unsafe.

BUT that is not what you are talking about.

Pay no attention to anyone that tells you that they would not feel safe hunting around you nor let their kids hunt around you based on your use of a rifle scope to identify legality of a deer in the MANNER in which you presented.

Who cares whether they FEEL safe??

Personally I would not feel safe hunting around anyone who didn,t have the reading and comprehension skills to understand what you are talking about.

Yes I own and use binos often BUT I do understand what you are talking about.

I KNOW when I am looking at a damned deer and there is NO problem using the scope to make sure it is legal.
IF I have ANY question as to what I am looking at, I will use the binos.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money