''06 150 gr bullet too light for moose?"

Apparently not.

I do prefer a 180,secondarily a165 for most all my hunting. Wife took a bull at 70-80 yards with 100 gr. 243 no problem, double lunged, no bone hit. He walked 20 yards stopped behind willows and tipped over in less than 30 seconds. Of the 21 moose we have killed with a variety of calibers and bullet weights up to 338, 275 gr GS, not one has complained about that aspect. I've the hots to take one with my .260, possibly using a premium, tho I've found any c&c used as designed to work just as well if properly placed at reasonable range.

Two bullets I will not use on moose after a single trial each is a factory Federal 165 gr Hi-shok, which showed immediate contact separation on a ram at 330 yards, and 4 days later on a moose at 75 or so. It performed as designed for say coyotes, speed goats, 100 pound deer and the like. Highly accurate in my 17 inch barreled '06, it was just a bad choice on my part for the use.

The other one time use/disappointment/never again is the NP 210 in .338 WM. it made a 3 inch entry wound on the shoulder at 100 yards, shattered the blade, peppered the near side lung with bb s of lead and bone without further penetration, flattening the bull. At ten feet out he jumped up again scaring the crap out of me. A second shot to the head worked well enuf. I never found the back portion of the bullet and never used the 210 again. Likely an anomaly but certainly not inspiring! If I ever did use it again it would be for 300 and under animals like deer and caribou. Too many "better" .338 bullets out there, including c&c s. yeah I know but one bad experience can prejudice a fellow.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.