As a kid we ate a lot of canned deer meat of a whole lot of varieties, like moose, caribou, and all sorts of tails... a staple which is still just about my favorite eating in the whole world is dilled deer...
<br>
<br>I fed some to Shiester and pak this summer on Kodiak and they seemed to like it just fine. It is extremely fast and easy to make once the meat has been jarred. The pressure cooker leaves it so that the only issue is heating things up a bit.
<br>
<br>Jarring the tough nasty cuts such as the hocks means the worst suddenly becomes as good as the best. My wife has trained me to remove ALL of the tendons from the hocks before canning which is tedious, particularly when dealing with deer, but worth it in the end, I suppose, though I like the gelatinous glop in the jar when the sauce is being made. It adds a great amount of body to my palate...
<br>
<br>I start by getting the pasta or rice it will be served over started, then I drain the water from the jar off into a skillet, add sour cream at about 1 cup per pint of jarred meat and stir continuously to keep the sour cream from boiling.
<br>
<br>Add some dill weed and a little tomatoe paste (if the meat did not have any added when canned). When the sauce is all good and uniform pour the meat carefully into the sauce and stir gently until the meat is hot. Over-stirring breaks up the meat. Serve over the rice or pasta and life is good... just like when I was a kid.
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.