Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Greetings,

I was down in LA a few weeks ago and weeks introduced to homemade salsa on eggs, apparently this is common and not too bad... They were shocked to learn I had never had that combination before.

Little differences between countries is half the fun of travelling. A friend and I were hunting down in Argentina, and stopped at a restaurant for breakfast in Buenos Aires. We were just sort of wandering about on foot and picked the place because the menu in the window had a section in English. An omelet should be a safe bet so we ordered that. A woman customer who could speak English approached us to point out that eating an omelet in the morning was outlandish and unheard of. Apparently it was on the supper menu, and the staff just prepared it to humor the crazy tourists.'course this is the same country that puts hard boiled eggs on a pizza. That's evil.

Salsa on eggs is quite good, my exposure to it was through Mexican omelets, that probably aren't served in Mexico but are fairly popular in Canada.

Last edited by Model70Guy; 12/24/14.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.