As I alluded to before, I am an engineer by trade (combustion). I have an advanced knowledge of metallurgy (ferrous, non-ferrous), refractory, glass, plastics, and some ceramics. I also know how guns are proofed....and have been proofed for a hundred years. I have proofed muzzleloaders that I have built from kits, and also some I restored (I use a tire and a string...and stand back). By the way, it is similar to the way you test an industrial burner...although in that case you must effect a timed & controlled EXPLOSION on a burner and not show any failure mode (an ANSI test), it can sustain damage...just not failure.

It is possible to proof a .22, but I do not have access to the rounds, nor do I wish to make them. I tested this rifle for stress fractures with mold-makers penetrate die & developer, and also fired it multiple times as a single shot with several rounds of hyper velocity modern loads. If I had any concerns, they are long gone. I could ask a buddy to magnaflux it for me, but I don't see the need. The little rig will be used for .22 shorts to shoot squirrels and tin cans.

Thanks for the concern. I have again been duly warned, but I am wearing my big-boys pants. If for any reason my fly is still open, by all means tell me to zip up. Otherwise, I will trudge along.

I honestly am not attempting to be a smart @$$, and I normally don't go to this length to explain myself...ever. I only wanted to alleve your fears of my endangering my children.