Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

from Starline's website; "45 Super* is the same externally as the 45 Auto, but has a thicker web, denser grain structure in the metal, and special heat treat process that enhances the durability of the case. Similar internal capacity as the 45 Auto." Jerry

Originally Posted by Reloder28

All things are NOT equal. The web thickness of the 460 Rowland brass is thicker than the 45 Super, which is thicker than the 45 ACP. It's the web thickness that makes the difference in pressure capabilities.
I love my 45 Super.

In May 2000 I worked up 460 Rowland loads with mixed once fired 45acp brass from Scharch and 45 Super brass from Starline in a 20 ounce Patriot 45acp.
The manual said "No +P". Patriot Pistol 45acp designed by Nehemia Sirkis was first built but by Republic Arms in Chino CA, now built by Corba Arms Of Salt Lake City Utah. The two guys in a biz park that were Republic Arms sent me any parts I needed for free.

Recoil was horrific. I built a 38 pound triple recoil spring assembly, and then it was ok.

I also built a 45 acp rifle.
The pistol I only took a couple grains higher than published 460 Rowland loads, but in the rifle, I went all the way to case failures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What I found was that:
1) ANY brand of 45acp brass and Starline 45 Super were all about the same in web thickness and max pressure.
2) VERY different from all other brass was Starline +P 45acp. It has thick walls way up past the web and less case capacity as a result.

I spoke to the male at Starline about this back in 2000 and he said the +P was for pistols with poor case support.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps