Originally Posted by gunner500
I feed barley sprouts and wheat mids, keep out some mineral and hay/alfalfa, hit em with a good pour on wormer, a couple bolaces shot down their throat and your GTG.

Keep a syringe and a bottle of micotil handy in case they get some sort of respiratory illness/virus, flu/dust pneumonia etc.

Gunner, find out where he's located. Those brahmas just don't do well where it's real cold for extended periods of time, even the crosses. I know you have snow in OK but you have hot summers.

I was raised in the cattle business here in LA, grew the business to a sizable operation and after many years raising cattle, sold out as I got older.

I raised Brahman, Brangus, Brafords, commercial crosses, Charolais or Angus on F1 cows. We sold steers and heifers on the satellite, weighed on site with certified scales, hauled in 18 wheelers to feedlots in the Midwest.

Back in the day, I sent Brahman bulls to a well known WA State Hereford breeder to raise some Brafords. He tried to take care of those bulls but some froze to death. They couldn't tolerate the cold. Those big ears and loose hides dissipate heat, not good where it's cold for a long time.

DF