Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Any idea if Remington is going to be using the same synthetic stock that weighed like 40 oz and made the rifle in factory form the most ass-heavy and unbalanced rifle of all-time?

If there was ever a crappier rifle than the SS M7, I'm not aware what it could be.

Had one in 308... it was a genuine 6" grouper and Remington, after two trips back to the factory, couldn't get it to shoot either. To their credit, they cut me a full refund check.

Of the many 308's I've had, it's the only one that wouldn't shoot.

The Model 7, in wood or plastic, is an unbalanced mess IMO. Too muzzle light, thin pencil barrel. It's often marketed as a youth/woman's rifle, but I can't imagine a worse beginning rife for either.

I really don't think it does anything well for any category one cares to name.

Rant off grin

Same barrel contour as a MR, just 2" shorter. If you ever had an FS or KS version, then you'd probably like the balance much, much better. Quite similar to a Montana actually, only more between-the-hands feel.

I owned a 18.5" wood stocked 7-08 back in the 90's, it was a tough one load for, I finally found 150 BT's worked well.

The Mountain Rifle felt so much better but it does not make sense that an additional 2" of barrel (probably 2 ounces) on the front end and a little more weight behind the action screw would make a difference.

Dave