As said the only real negative I have with the Coopers is that they tend to get a flat spot overnight in cold weather. Depending on the direction I travel it is sometimes an issue, other times not. If I'm traveling at slower speeds for the 1st few miles I never notice it. If I go straight to the 4 lane near my home and get her up to 60mph or so the ride is bumpy for 2-3 miles. After that all is good.

The tread is quite, with enough openings to throw mud out as long as you keep wheel speed fast enough. I put the tires on my Tacoma only a few days before a significant ice/snow storm hit north Ga just about a year ago. I was out after midnight helping get kids home that were stranded at school then getting hospital workers in to work. Never spun a tire. I'm part of a volunteer organization that assists the Sheriff's dept. during emergencies.

Larger sizes have a more open tread than the same tire in smaller sizes. The tire in the photo is a 265-70-17 the truck is 265-75-16 and both are a good compromise to me. I've seen some in smaller sizes that didn't look aggressive enough, almost like a street tire.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.