Originally Posted by jimmyp
Sadly despite the plethora of high capacity rifles, not many can shoot them who buys them.

Many can shoot them, but few can shoot them accurately enough... LOL.

I remember a match once, it was something in regards to muzzies and 9/11...

They put up a silhouette on a 1x2 all camo'd up with burka and such IIRC. It was after a highpower match.

The ticket was to push it up out of the pits sideways then face the firing line, and walk/run it down for X amount of seconds at 300 yards. Then turn it sideways to withdraw and pull down.

I had a pretty firm 300 yard zero. Winner was most hits... YOu could have a coach...

Iron sights sitting. I got into an NPA that was at the end of the "run" and then swung over to where it started so that I would be pulled by the sling and NPA wanting to go to the end...

Coach gave me a lead correction after the 1st and 2nd shots, but then I had that sight picture memorized and kept after the target. I knew I was close to the end of the run and my 30 round mag with 28 rounds in it. As it turned sideways to withdraw I could still see it, and so fired the last 2 rounds in the mag...

About that time it looked really weird as it dissappeared into the pits.

Finally comes back up by radio I had hit the 1x2 a few times center and as they turned it I hit it at least once sideways which snapped it in half.

Accounting for the miss from the snapped target, IIRC I had 26 hits on the target in the exposure which easily won that match.

One of the "kids" holding the target went onto MTU school with the army and was on teh big team even last I heard years ago. He was laughing, he said he was watching and as he walked now then then splinters would fly so he had to quit looking up... but had this weird floppy feeling as he pulled it down, and then realized I"d just hit a 3/4 wide stick at 300 yards sitting with irons....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....