[/quote]
Chas, don't think the historical accuracy of your story is lost on me, for it isn't.
But don't let my point be misconstrued more than it already has been by the hotheads..I speak ONLY for the muslims I know personally and despite the drama from a few of course am disgusted by the acts of terrorism carried out in the name of Islam, as if I should have to clarify that.. [/quote]

OK - I understand that you know, and know of, Muslims who condemn violence. And,you didn't need to clarify your disgust over the acts of terrorism. I can't imagine how anyone, besides the idiot demonrat Howard Dean, could support the evil perpetrated against the French journalists.

I think we understand each other - I have no issue being 'friends' with a 'non-violent' muslim. I just wouldn't believe they would ever have my back if the local imam says infidels must be punished under sharia law. Some might shield us, but they would not be easy to distinguish from those who wouldn't. And, in spite of how nice they might be, their holy book is pretty clear about how a practicing muslim deals with unbelievers.