Dennis81082;
Thanks for the reply and further information.

I should have noted that if the lift pump is still in the original placement on the side of the block - driver's side near the firewall - then for instance up here a Napa replacement that bolts right in was quoted for less than $400. The in-tank conversion from Dodge was just shy of $2000. frown

While some folks really like the K&N filters - I ran them on a '90 Jetta turbo diesel and a 99 F150 and didn't see any difference in performance really. I wasn't enthusiastic enough about them to put one on any more vehicles in our family fleet of 5 if that says anything.

I looked briefly at one manual hub kit, but at over $2500 for the parts alone - and that was when our dollar was at par too - anyway it just didn't pencil out for me as ever paying for itself.

The broken fuel lines apparently just let go typically, but it isn't in all of them by any means so if yours isn't weeping badly anywhere then if it was mine I'd just ignore it.

As to which programmer is a good one - I'd look into it at the cumminsforum and see if there's any consensus. I will say that last time I looked into it there I wouldn't describe what I found as "consensus". laugh

It wasn't quite as bad as a Leupold thread in the Optics section here - but consensus it was not..... wink I'd maybe see if your mechanic has a preference as that's sometimes the easy path - sorta like having your gunsmith install barrels he likes as opposed to ones you like and he's had difficulty with.

Overall though I like ours quite well and I hope your's gives as good a service to you.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"