Mike, if it were me, I'd consider doing a test drive.

Pick a set of lights from here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=LED+spot+beam

Wire them up and run them for a bit. I'd start with 2 spot beams and see how you like them.

I don't have experience with the high-end ARB and Rigid leds, and I'm sure they are awesome. But for $150 you can get an awful lot of light output, and I have been impressed with the durability of cheapo LEDs.

I ran a set on the 4-runner that were flood beams, and they were great (more reach than the stock headlights even in a flood beam). Sold them with the 4-runner. I bought another set for the skid steer and they are rather ridiculous.... but they sure are nice for plowing snow - not sure the neighbors like them though.

One thing to keep in mind - make sure your mounting is solid. Any bounce/shake/vibration in the mounting and your beams will be all over the place. A spot beam that reaches way out there is way worse. It almost looks like a flicker, and takes all the "fun" out of driving at night. Mounting brackets are one of the places a cheap light will skimp.

I'd also recommend not doing the wiring/mounting outside at -10.