Walked into my local shop before Christmas and they handed me a brand new Kimber Montana. Told me my dad had it shipped there as a gift. Paid in full.

My dad is very, very old and foolishly chose the .308 chambering. Since it was the thought that counts I forgave him and accepted the gift anyway.

First range session yielded 1.5" groups @ 100yds and about 3" groups at 200yds. This was with 44.5gr's of RL 15 and the 155gr. Scenar.

After that first session I gave it the full shortactionsmoker treatment. The mag box was not binding but I grinded on it a bit anyway. Front action screw was too long by a smidge. Hogged the barrel channel out a bit more and bedded the recoil lug and about 1/2" worth of the shank.

Skipped calling and took it back out to the range yesterday as I am saving all my fuel to see Ben and his family next weekend. And by all accounts, that is going to consume a LOT of fuel.

Loaded development done.
[Linked Image]

1" groups @ 100yds and 1.5" groups @ 200yds. Easily.

With the 6X42 and LR reticle, every target from 50-500yds was in serious danger. Broke the 100 round mark yesterday and I am LOVIN' IT. I wish somebody gave me one a long time ago.

[Linked Image]

Nothing further.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house