Originally Posted by deflave
Walked into my local shop before Christmas and they handed me a brand new Kimber Montana. Told me my dad had it shipped there as a gift. Paid in full.

My dad is very, very old and foolishly chose the .308 chambering. Since it was the thought that counts I forgave him and accepted the gift anyway.

First range session yielded 1.5" groups @ 100yds and about 3" groups at 200yds. This was with 44.5gr's of RL 15 and the 155gr. Scenar.

After that first session I gave it the full shortactionsmoker treatment. The mag box was not binding but I grinded on it a bit anyway. Front action screw was too long by a smidge. Hogged the barrel channel out a bit more and bedded the recoil lug and about 1/2" worth of the shank.

Skipped calling and took it back out to the range yesterday as I am saving all my fuel to see Ben and his family next weekend. And by all accounts, that is going to consume a LOT of fuel.

Loaded development done.
[Linked Image]

1" groups @ 100yds and 1.5" groups @ 200yds. Easily.

With the 6X42 and LR reticle, every target from 50-500yds was in serious danger. Broke the 100 round mark yesterday and I am LOVIN' IT. I wish somebody gave me one a long time ago.

[Linked Image]

Nothing further.

Travis

Will it work on elk???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA