What people tend to ride - granted rural Alaska communities are generally more isolated so not as easily homogenous- is typically a local thing. One will find communities where one brand is a tendency with a certain model or engine type being common, while in another area, it might be another brand.

I agree about many people regard these machines as sports cars rather than work machines in general. Any, quite frankly, I think the manufacturers tend to lose sight of the origins of these machines as well���. or that they fail to understand what their machines are truly capable of.

Generally speaking, in my experience, the machines which tend to do the largest share of the hard labor with longevity tend to fall into the 400-600 CC range engine-size-wise. Many folks tend to think of the fanners as weak stepchildren to the 'real' machines, but I would tend to say they do the yeoman's share of the work in many places where machines are largely used for work.

[Linked Image]

The liquid boys were jealous�

[Linked Image]

Over 1200 pounds behind the rig here, with 32 miles between it and the wood lot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.