Well, it's not like I'm not a big fan of the Polaris brand myself, and have put the bigger share of the 100K+ miles I've ridden on with Polaris machines, one fanner that finally quit at 25,000 with only a set of rings ever needed in work (at 13K) to the engine (a 488). There was a fellow up on Mt. Hood who had fleets of machines and a full-service shop; he tried everything with those 550s to get them to work before finally ditching the brand after several years. It's not hard to find the problems with that particular engine if you look around on the net. (And the parts fiche histories over the years verify the fact that they had to chase problems.) I just threw that out there since it is a real problem and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. They may have finally let enough customers pay for the R&D that the latest versions are okay- I don't know. But I would be very leery of buying anything with that power plant in a used model. The single 550 I've owned - bought it new- had 4 or 5 rebuilds in the 10,000 miles I put on it. Every owner of machines with that engine that I know personally has had at least one, often several, rebuilds when they ride those machines. We don't need to put up with that in this day and age.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.