Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by sherp

Because every one of those candidates were supported by Conservatives. Tell me how any of them were different than Lincoln or Reagan?

Sherp,

Are you sure you're a conservative republican, and not a troll as has been suggested by several here. I am beginning to believe otherwise. Seems you want me to "provide" or "give" you the answer to everything. Even a backsliding conservative-nee-republican would take it upon himself to acquire knowledge.

Here is a tip! There is such a thing as "Google" where you could look it up "for yourself" like a good conservative would do..

However, as one can lead a guitar to water, but not tune a fish, I will humor you with an example (hint, google).......

"Who said? �I�ve abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system.� Well, those words would never have passed Reagan�s lips. It was infamously said by Bush, in defense of his massive spending spree in the last weeks of his presidency. There�s nothing conservative about it. But it sums up Bush�s lack of confidence in the free market system, and his repeated and excessive use of government intervention in American society.

Bush never claimed to be the conservative Reagan was, nor did he spend his early political career challenging GOP orthodoxy, which, until Reagan won in 1980, was mostly incoherent mush of the Rockefeller-Scranton-Nixon-Ford-Bush/41 kind. George H. W. Bush and other mainstream Republican primary challengers sought to thwart Reagan because, they insisted, his conservatism would be rejected by the voters."

http://humanevents.com/2011/03/18/ronald-reagan-and-george-w-bush/

Back at ya'

Best,

GWB

How do you know those words wouldn't have passed his lips?

Reagan supported firearms safety laws just like Bush did.

Reagan supported undocumented workers just like Bush did.

Reagan supported expanding Federal powers just like Bush did.

Are you sure you are a Conservative since you seem ashamed of what we do?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn