This new little known Senator from Iowa spent a little time introducing herself, but Senator Joni Ernst punched my button when she said she did not want to respond to Obama's message, but to articulate a positive message about what Congress plans to do about Obama's agenda.

ERNST: Good evening. I'm Joni Ernst. As a mother, a soldier and a newly elected senator from the great state of Iowa, I am proud to speak with you tonight.
A few moments ago, we heard the president lay out his vision for the year to come. Even if we may not always agree, it's important to hear different points of view in this great country. We appreciate the president sharing his.

Tonight, though, rather than respond to a speech, I'd like to talk about your priorities. I'd like to have a conversation about the new Republican Congress you just elected, and how we plan to make Washington focus on your concerns again.

We heard the message you sent in November -- loud and clear. And now we're getting to work to change the direction Washington has been taking our country...

In her ten minutes of fame Senator Ernst did not have time for a lot of specificity, but that is OK. I like short speeches.

We need to move on. Quit bitching about the past. Start formulating the future.
That needs to start this weekend in Joni's home state of Iowa. All those Conservatives speaking in Des Moines that want to be the next president and want our support, need to lay out their agenda instead of dwelling on Obama's.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."