Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by rosco1

Why keep them at 3.340"? long action rem is a long action rem, RUM or '06..throat the barrel to kiss your longest bullet at under 3.6 and your golden. you can get an extended mag to 3.7 without going CFE or DBM,with hardly any modifications needed..

3.340" is Noslers selling point and it seems that every Hairy Dick Tom is enthralled with the ridiculous notion that there is something superior to the stupid "30-06 length" fantasy ...

I agree that this case is better off loaded with bullets seated out for max case capacity .. at least that way you can recreate 6.5 STW, 7mm STW, 300 WBY, 340 WBY & 375 WBY velocities

the requirements I had for my wildcat was not produced by the 26 Nosler case.....
the 300 Norma Mag case was the obvious choice ...... allowed for a longer neck, shorter cartridge length, more powder capacity to duplicate 7mm RUM velocities and easily fit in 5 rnd AICS mags and 6 rnd Accurate mags ..... best of all is the use of Lapua made 423 Dakota brass and cut down 338 Lapua brass along with the 300 & 338 Norma brass ....

[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]

granted , the fat Norma cases will get you the powder capacity and overall length you want , but is it advisable to run them in M-700 action ? not IMO.........

Nothing wrong with running them through the 700 action as long as the maker knows what he is doing. My 338 Laupa is on the 700 action.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first