Originally Posted by Blackbrush
Don't be pissed fellas. It could be worse. You could be like me. After waiting a few months, I received the most amazing action for a dream rifle from Defiance......and a 3 position safety from PTG. I was just about to fit the safety and proceed without CRF when these new options were announced. Needless to say I was on the phone right away but alas, they say they won't add CRF to my completed action and I am awaiting a returned call to see if they'll add the safety. No matter, great product and operation.

A WAG would be that they are set up to add the CRF option when they are CNC'd from the start and they don't do it after the bolt is completed from the machining process. Same probably applies to the action top configuration regarding what type of mounts you'll be using. I can't imagine how difficult it would be if a customer had a integral rail or any other type milled in base configuration from the start and then decide they want them milled off to say a Remington bridge config after the action body was completed. Obviously it would have to be an entirely separate, post action completion operation. Decide what you want from the start or pay huge bucks to a machinist/gunsmith to mill off the integral mounts. Might as well sell it and start over. Me, I would have a Remington rear bridge so I could have a zillion aftermarket bases to choose from.