Originally Posted by Orion2000
Gents, They look like nice actions. And I appreciate the fact that they are available in LH for no additional upcharge.

However, I gotta ask... For a person like myself who is looking for an accurate hunting rifle, not a bench rest rifle, after I add up the cost for all of the "options", what I am getting with a Defiance that I don't get with an MRC 1999 action at about half the cost ?

I've played with Montana actions, new and old, and Defiance push feed actions. The M 1999 actions are no better than a Winchester 70 action. They may advertise themselves as a custom action but the fit and finish does not compare to a Defiance. Unless you pay extra.
Defiance starts with better materials, use better machines, and is run by one of the top people in the industry. Tighter tolerances and every surface is perfect and true from the factory. With a good smith there will be no doubt your gun will shoot bragging size group and be a pleasure to own and use. Less work to find a load it likes, stock that you want, custom barrel, all done how you want.
With a M1999, it would probably shoot well. It would be a good hunting rifle, like a M70. It's built "good enough". But if your going a custom route, spend a little more for a gun that's a true custom. If your stepping up to a true custom M1999 your going to spend just as much for a Defiance built rifle, and the Defiance is better.