I've known Doug's Dad and Doug since he was in diapers. He is honest straight shooter whose team, does wonderful work in all aspects of gun work.

He has done two LC Smiths for me that were both "gray guns" but rare. A single trap and a special order 6 pound 12 bore double grouse gun both made in 1910. When done, they were both as new or better with the correct LC Smith color case pattern, rust blue, recut markings and on and on.

After UPS managed to drop my Browning Wyoming Centennial 25-06 high wall on the butt hard enough to shatter the stock and BEND the prongs on the rifle buttplate (it was bubble wrapped in a hard case and double boxed. The butt prongs were sticking out. they denied my claim for "insufficient packing" until I slapped a lien on their local facility for fraud) They rolled and I found a new stock my my secret source of Browning parts and Doug fixed the buttplate AND color cased it.

The 25-06 is the bottom one.

[Linked Image]

His premier stock maker, now sadly passed, restored a number of RF Sedgley deluxe models in rare calibers for me as well. Hardly look like 70 year old rifles.
6.5x55 and 22-06

[Linked Image]

I would trust Doug with any gun, period!

Larry Root (my real name)

Last edited by 7x64FN; 02/04/15.